Monday, June 3, 2019

Thirty-seven Seconds

Mahoney: "Thirty-seven seconds. Great, well done; now we wait."
Mr. Magorium: "No. We breathe, we pulse, we regenerate. Our hearts beat, our minds create, our souls ingest. Thirty-seven seconds well used is a lifetime."
Suzanne Weyn, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (Movie Novelization)

I am so guilty of waiting my life away. Always looking forward to (or dreading) something upcoming and not being present in the moment. It takes a lot of self control and reminding yourself to live in the moment. But wouldn't it be nice.

How much more could we enjoy our loved ones? How much less would we worry? How many times have I said just a minute to my kids and worse how many times have they gotten tired of waiting and I missed it all together?
What thirty seven seconds can you show up for today?

"Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content."
Philippians 4:11




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your mind is a Powerful Thing

Your mind is a powerful thing! Just as easily as you can think all the negative things you do in a day, you have the power to replace every ...