Monday, June 3, 2019

You Have to Live

5. Mahoney: "You have to live."
Mr. Magorium: "Darlin'...I have."
Suzanne Weyn, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
At the end of my life I hope to say "Darlin' I have."
The older I get, the more I realize I better start packing in the good times! I am beginning to think this is what gets mistaken as a midlife crisis. The only crisis is that I've spent life this far being practical and scared and safe and taking care of business and at some point you just decide you want more out of life!
I wanna be like the old men in Secondhand Lions that die crashing their plane into the roof. Those guys lived! I want to be like Mother Teresa and love and serve well. I want to be like David and run after the heart of God. But mostly I want to be the very best version of Sara Freitag that I can be and leave nothing on the table!
”Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes." James 4:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your mind is a Powerful Thing

Your mind is a powerful thing! Just as easily as you can think all the negative things you do in a day, you have the power to replace every ...